Gotu kola also called Centella asiatica, commonly known as centella and in Hindi kudi kula grows in India and Sri Lanka. In some parts of Asia, it is called the „source of life” because of its beneficial effects – anti-aging, balancing skin hydration, improving concentration and memory as well as helping to fight stress.
For thousands of years, gotu kola has been used in India, China and Indonesia as a medicine for many diseases and also as a cure to prevent skin aging ! That’s why you’ll also find it in natural cosmetics.
This plant may be used in the form of infusion, in tablets and in oils.
HOW DOES GOTU KOLA WORK?
The scientific research proves that
– it strengthens the nervous system, reducing stress and emotional tension. It is helpful in the treatment of insomnia and epilepsy. It is used by people suffering from autism, ADHD or Asperger syndrome.
– it improves concentration and memory and that is why it is called the food for the brain. It is especially recommended for elderly people and people with Alzheimer’s disease as it slows down the aging process. Also, it will be a great help for students and people who work under pressure.
– it has a beneficial effect on blood circulation as it restores normal pressure as well as strengthens blood vessels. It is used by people with circulatory insufficiency. It will soothe varicose veins and reduce leg swelling,
– it supports concentration when meditating
THE BENEFITS OF GOTU KOLA USED IN COSMETOLOGY
The effect of Gotu Kola on the skin are the following:
- it cures skin diseases and inflammations, including dandruff and sensitive scalp,
- it accelerates wound healing and reduces scars,
- it speeds up regeneration processes,
- it stimulates the synthesis of collagen and elastin in the skin, restoring the skin’s firmness,
- it has anti-wrinkle effect,
- it stimulates the growth of hair and nails.
Some cures and natural cosmetics containing Gotu Kola are also used in chronic dermatological diseases and psoriasis